You may have heard of bullshit jobs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullshit_Jobs)
Basically, these are jobs which add no real value, but are still -for some reason- paid for.
- flunkies, who serve to make others feel important, e.g., receptionists, administrative assistants, door attendants
- goons, who act aggressively on behalf of their employers, e.g., lobbyists, corporate lawyers, telemarketers, public relations
- duct tapers, who fix problems that shouldn't exist, e.g., programmers repairing shoddy code
- box tickers, e.g., performance managers, in-house magazine journalists, leisure coordinators
- taskmasters, e.g., middle management, leadership professionals
How ethical would you say it is to hire anyone for a job of one of these categories? How ethical is it to work in such a job? Are you in a job like this?